Hats for Hope Heroes
We have had many fantastic supporters, donors and volunteers who have helped make Hats for Hope possible. But there are also people who take it one step further – who go out of their way to really make a difference and whose contributions take our event to the next level. We call those people our Hats for Hope Heroes. For their stellar support of Hats for Hope and our mission to fight cancer, we are pleased to recognize these special heroes.
Our 2016 Hats for Hope Hero is Whitney Turner Johnston
Whitney was involved with Hats for Hope from the beginning, and she immediately recruited her employer, Accuserv, to be a supporting sponsor. That Pink Ribbon Sponsorship still exists today and will honor Whitney in 2016. Over the years, Whitney has generously given her time to contribute in various ways.
Whitney’s outer beauty is matched by her infectious personality, love and compassion for others. She is now married to Robert Johnston, and they have a precious baby girl, Alex.
It is an honor to select Whitney as our 2016 Hats for Hope Hero.
Whitney Turner Johnston, 2016 Hats for Hope Hero
- 2015 – Bobbi Sisarsky
- 2014 – presented to R.J. Corman
- 2013 – presented to Fran Berg and Denny Post
- 2012 – presented to Franklin Breener, KY Florists Association
- 2011 – presented to Ron and Mel Fisher, 84 WHAS
- 2010 – presented to Deborah Lowery and Donna Brown, Ladyfingers Catering
- 2009 – presented to Jonathan Blum, YUM! Brands
- 2008 – presented to Daniel Woodside, Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op, LLC
- 2007 – presented to Matthew Blakey, Doozies Floral Creations
- 2007 – presented to Michael Gaddie, Lloyd’s Florist
Matthew Blakey, 2007 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
Michael Gaddie, 2007 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
Dan Woodside, 2008 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
Jonathan Blum, 2009 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
Ron and Mel Fisher, 2011 Hats for Hope Hero Recipients
KY Florists Association, 2012 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient (represented by Franklin Brenner, Association President)
Fran Berg, 2013 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
Denny Post, 2013 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
Deborah Lowery, 2010 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
R.J. Corman, 2014 Hats for Hope Hero Recipient
Bobbi Sisarsky, Nadine Brewer, Al Sisarsky